2008 Lark National Championships Preview
Entries for the 2008 Lark National Championships hosted by Royal Yorkshire YC Dinghy Section at Bridlington are now rolling in. This year's championship promises to be very special and the classes first ever in the North of England. The North Yorkshire coast is dominated by stunning sandy beaches stretching for miles and sparkling blue seas. Dinghy sailing takes place in Bridlington Bay, with launching off a gently shelving beach, which is protected from large waves by sand banks just off the shore.
The championships will be hosted from the beach near Wilsthorpe, next to which there is a huge club-owned campsite, fully equipped with showers, water, loos, and electric hook-ups. A huge marquee will be erected to hold the socials, catering and bar. In effect, the whole area becomes a "Championship Village" with everything you could need within walking distance.
There will be the usual full week of Lark-style competitive racing and socials which other classes can only wish to match! There is something for everyone at the 2008 Lark National Championships.
The first low entry fee deadline of £135 (or £67.50 for concessions) is fast approaching - 31st May. After which the fee will go up to £145 until 12th July. Included in the entry fee is a free camping spot for each boat entered!
- Online entry available at www.larknationals.org
- 11 race programme including a Practice Race and Crew’s Race
- Racing overseen by legendary PRO Archie Wainwright
- Racing for Gold, Silver, Bronze and Classic Lark Fleets
- Sponsors include Tacktick (Silver Fleet) and Allen Brothers (Bronze Fleet) with more to come
- Too many prize categories to mention!
- On the water race coach with after racing debrief (TBC)
- Evening Cruise on the Yorkshire Belle
- On-site catering including a Hog Roast
- Crew’s Union & Board of Directors
- Fancy Dress Night and Live Band– the theme is "Circus"!
- Plus for those who a quiet night there’s even the opportunity for a night off!
If you would like to attend the 2008 Lark National Championships but need a boat, crew, helm or even transport then please contact John Crooks at email@example.com. We are usually able to find boats to borrow or charter. If you are at a university that has Larks then please also contact us as we may be able to help you get the boats up to fleet racing spec.
So what are you waiting for? You can now enter online today at www.larknationals.org and pay by cheque or PayPal. If you have any other Lark Nationals related enquiries then please contact Nationals Coordinator, Steve Chatten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
The Lark Class Owners Association Committee
Lark Class Marketing - 20th May 2008