Spinnaker pole

A Fisher

Posted: 26 Aug 16 02:24
Message ID: 2568
I am new to the 'string' arrangements for the spinnaker pole, could someone advise whether the string should be long enough for the loop to stay in the centre of the pole when the pole is in, or does the string need to be taken off?

Nigel Hufton

Posted: 30 Aug 16 14:36
Reply ID: 6760
I presume by 'string', you mean the uphaul/downhaul, which goes up the mast and has a loop in the middle? If so, the string needs to have enough slack in it to put over the ramp and be pushed out with the pole - thereby holding the pole roughly level.

A Fisher

Posted: 03 Sep 16 03:17
Reply ID: 6761
Yes I do mean uphaul,down haul, but what I am not sure about is if the slack is enough for the loop to stay on the ramp on spinnaker pole when stored by the boom, or whether at each launch and recovery the loop needs to be put on and then removed from the ramp?, if so what holds the front end of the pole in position when stored?
Thanks

Ruth Johnson

Posted: 05 Sep 16 13:37
Reply ID: 6762
the uphaul should form a loop around the pole and the ends are then joined by a piece of string. That string then stops the loop coming off the end. The string should be taken off the ramp when it is stowed or it will get in the way when you tack etc

Garry Packer

Posted: 10 Sep 16 03:33
Reply ID: 6765
see this picture http://www.larkclass.org/images/media/Photo/1900/Other/Fit%20Outs/IM000463.jpg

A Fisher

Posted: 10 Sep 16 11:31
Reply ID: 6766
Is there Nother route to that photo as that link won't work for me?

Garry Packer

Posted: 11 Sep 16 12:11
Reply ID: 6768
Go to Gallery, scroll right down to the bottom and I think its on the second page of technical and fit outs.

G